Thursday 23 April 2020

Family Tree


Here is some interesting information I discovered about my ancestry while researching my family tree.

Benfell
Great Grandad = Raymond Walter was born in Invercargill (d)
Great Gran = Beryl Elizabeth was born in Wellington. She was known as Betty (d)
Grandad = Paul Raymond was born in Auckland
Paul has an older sister, she did not meet her dad until she was 18months old as he was away in the navy. 

Banyard 
Great Grandad = Peter was born in England (d)
Great Nanna = Vera was born in England (d)
Nanna = Linda was born in England
Vera moved to Wales when she was a child
The whole family (Linda has two sisters) moved to New Zealand in 1963


Anderson
Grand Pop = Charles Alexander Frank Anderson was born in Hokitika. Everyone called him Charlie(d)
Great Grandma = Pearl Stratford  was born in Nelson (d)
Nana  = Wendy Anne was born in Takaka 
Wendy is the eldest of 5 children 
Charles is of Ngai Tahu descent 

Miller
Poppa = Clifford Allan was born in Te Kopuru. He was known as Cliff (d)
Great Gran = Dorothy Doreen Dovell was born in Thames. Dot is still alive and is 91
Grandad = Graeme Henry was born in Auckland
Graeme has 3 brothers (he is the second eldest) 
Cliff and Dot met when he moved into her families boarding house in Ponsonby 

Our family
Richard Paul Benfell  was born in Auckland
Sarah Maree Miller was born in Rotorua 
Floyd Tiare Miller Benfell (ME!) was born at Birthcare Auckland

Malachi Dixon Benfell was born at Auckland Hospital 
Mum gave me the middle name Tiare as it means Charlie, and my great grandad died when she was pregnant with me.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed helping you to research your family history. I discovered some things about our family that I never knew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool family tree it is very interesting how you added heaps of people.I think it is very cool.😃😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some great investigation there. And for such a great cause. Our ancestory is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, did you know my name is actually Leah-Maree. So my middle name is the same as your Mum's. Plus it has the same unusual spelling.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.