Thursday 16 April 2020

Tomb Tour

Lately I've been learning about Ancient Egypt and my mum found a virtual tour of a tomb belong to a Queen from almost 5000 years ago!! 

Tomb of Queen Meresankh III - Discover Egypt's Monuments ...

You can move around the tomb and see close ups and recreations of some of the carvings and things. You can even go down the stairs to the burial chamber. 

Here is the link to the Tomb tour

There is also a youtube video you can watch that tells you more about it here

Do you know why there was a false door? if you found the answer, post it in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. Ki ora Floyd, this is awesome! It's like going on a school trip without leaving your house. It reminds me of Google Expeditions. Have you been on any of those? I like the way you asked a question. I'm not sure but I will guess that it was in case people tried to break in they wouldn't be able to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Floyd. Thanks for sharing the Tomb Tour! I will make sure the class gets to look at it. I think there is a false door because they want connect the living with the dead. Ancient Egyptians believed in the after life. What was your favourite fact when learning about Ancient Egypt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's correct! My favourite fact was Ancient Egyptians shaved their body and even plucked their eyelashes out!
      See you around
      Floyd

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.