Tuesday 5 May 2020

Bake Off

Hi everybody for this challenge I made an amended version of banana chocolate chip muffins out of a cookbook my mum had when she was a little girl. I had to change the recipe slightly as we didn't have self raising flour or wholemeal flour and I wanted to make it dairy-free some my little brother could eat it too.
I will give it a 8/10 for the taste and 6/10 for the look. The reason why I give it 8/10 for taste is because it wasn't really banana-ey enough. I give it 6/10 for look as the fan bake made them look a bit crazy at the top!!




ready to go
adding the wet ingredients 
mashed banana and dry ingredients 


ready for the oven 

taste testing the choc drops






 

 


final product 
YUM!!!
                                                 

9 comments:

  1. I really like the way you have used the photos to show your recipe and final product (favourite step - chocolate taste testing) . I have to say that they look pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Floyd! Great to see you have been busy in the kitchen. Super kind of you to make it dairy-free for your brother - nice one! I have to say ... taste testing the choc drops was an excellent idea. When I was little, I used to volunteer to be the Official Taste Tester whenever my mum was cooking something - a super important and delicious 'job'. What is your favourite thing to bake/cook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know, but I am getting good at following recipes. Sometimes we get Hello Fresh or Bargain Box and I cook the whole meal!!

      Delete
    2. Wow - good on you for cooking a whole meal. Cooking and following recipes is a great skill to have. Well done Floyd!

      Delete
  3. Yum, they look Delius I made so Cupcakes too but they are not banana chocolate chip muffins they are chocolate strawberry muffins you can check them out if you like on,
    https://odsamyhw.blogspot.com/2020/05/bake-off-entry-super-yum-cupcakes.html
    bye blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and well done your cupcakes turned out great.😃:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Floyd your cupcakes looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.