Friday 17 April 2020

Hang On Writing


One day I asked my Dad if we could go on a trip and he said sure. So we start driving to the train station. We sit down and wait for the train. “Ummmmm… Dad, can I go to the toilet?” I said. “OK,” said Dad. “But we only have 5 minutes until the train arrives.” So I go zooming to the toilet. 20 minutes later I come back but my Dad has a feirce look on his face. I asked him why he was so angry and he said that I took too long and we missed the train. So we had to wait for an hour until the next train arrived. A couple of minutes later, Dad decided we had to go home because he was sick of waiting. When we started walking back to our car, a train came in to say hello and it looked like it was travelling at the speed of light. Somehow my hand was sucked onto the side of it like there was an invisible magnetic feild. I was flying like Superman!  The magnetic feild was about to steal Dad’s new camera but I grabbed it in the nick of time. Then I realised the train was our train and I was hurtling down the track like I was on a crazy roller coaster ride. Well, it looks like I’m going on our trip but without my Dad!!!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny Floyd. I like the part where you go to the toilet and miss the train and the bit where you were flying like superman!

    By Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Floyd, sounds as though you are not too disappointed to be going on this trip without your dad. I really like your attention to detail in this story,. I'm intrigued to know where the train is going to stop (if it stops at all?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Floyd, what great imagination you have! This is great writing. I could really get a picture in my mind of the train hurtling at speed and you hanging on with one hand, flying along! That is exactly what a good piece of writing is meant to do. I wonder if there is a sequel to this story? What would happen when the train got into the Britomart tunnel if you were heading east, or the New Lynn tunnel if you were heading west?!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.