Friday 24 April 2020

My recycled art

Hi everyone. One of the tasks that I could do during lockdown was make a piece of art using recycled materials. 
I decided to make a funny mask out of a paper bag.  I used the paper bag, a toilet paper roll, paint, star sequins and bottle caps. First I cut off the handles and put the bag on my head to see what it looked like. Then my mum marked where my eyes are. Mum helped me to cut out circles for the eyes. 
Then we cut little slits on the toilet paper roll and fold them out.  I decided to paint it green because I like the colour green. Then we we sprinkled the star sequins on the wet roll. 
Next I used the hot glue gun to glue on the roll to make the nose. Then my mum had a great idea, she thought that we could use the handles to make hair. I thought it was brilliant. I paint each hair a different colour, red, blue, yellow and orange. Finally I glued on the bottle caps using the hot glue gun on the sides and this is what it turned out like...



8 comments:

  1. Tino pai Floyd, I love your mask. I like how you showed us pictures of the whole process not just the finished mask. It reminds me of a mask I made for Halloween once. What was the most challenging part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Phil, thanks for the comment. The glue gun was so old and it was tricky not to burn myself! Blog ya later!

      Delete
  2. 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 - nice work Floyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi floyd what a cool idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neena I was a little bit surprised when I saw your comment I don't know why. Thanks for commenting on my blog! 😁

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.