Friday 1 May 2020

Disappearing World (Writing)

I woke up on my 10th birthday to start an ordinary day but it turned out to be one of the worst days of my life

I started my birthday by walking to my Grandpa's store to buy a new wand. I broke my old one in half when I used my most powerful spell when I was battling a Fire Titan. I got to the store but my Grandpa wasn't there. I was a little bit confused. I looked at all the wands on the walls, there were Fire wands, Water wands, Earth wands and Electric wands. But I didn't want those pieces of junk. I wanted the most powerful wand in history. I went down to the basement where all the spooky stuff was. There were a lot, I mean a LOT of cobwebs but I tried my best to dodge them. I saw this really cool wand that was bright red and it looked like a Dragon. Dragons are my favourite things in the universe. Next to it was a note taped to the wall. I pulled it off the wall and opened it. it looked like it was 200 years old or something and it was really hard to read it. But I could read “buggle boff geek usase lookf doof.” “Okaaaay?” I said quietly. But when I said that it echoed around the room. It was a little bit creepy. Then I went upstairs to check out the main room to see if there were any customers. There were none. This was getting strange. Usally there were lots of customers. Since there was nobody around, I touched the dragon wand. A little spark shot through my body. “Ouch.” I said quietly. It echoed around the room again. Then I touched it again, another spark! And another, and another, and another! Then I managed to hold it with my hand with no pain. I decided to go outside with the wand to have a little bit of fun on my Birthday. I said some magic words that can’t be translated in human language. And I shot the wand in front of me. A red beam came flying out of the wand. It was so strong I fell to the ground. I passed out for like a minute and I woke up with no grazes or scratches. But the wand was gone! “Whoa….” I said. “How long was I out for?”. Then I heard a loud BANG! So I ran to the noise to see if everything was alright.  I saw a huge back wormhole. It looked like someone had cast the spell Black Hole Eclipse. “Uh Oh….” I said nervously. “Did I do that?” Then the street started to crumble, pieces of the road started falling like an avalanche down into the wormhole. A huge piece of road started to fall under my feet but I managed to grab hold of the edge of a safe piece before I disappeared into the wormhole too!  I looked down but all I could see was down! Our town appeared to be  floating in the air. Mastering all my strength in using every muscle in my body I pushed back up onto the remaining road. I started to run for my life. I looked everywhere to see if anybody had a spell to make the wormhole vanish. But there was nobody around. I ran back home but my parents were not there either, I started to cry. There was nothing to do and everybody but me appeared to be gone... piece by piece, the street was disappearing into the wormhole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.